What Causes Mold To Grow In Fort Mill Homes?
What Causes Mold To Grow In Homes?
Fort Mill mold is a natural substance that has been around for many years. It does not take much to survive because it feeds off of cellulose material found in products that are wood-based. Many buildings today are constructed out of drywall and other products that are wood-based. This can result in a number of issues, and mold may develop. What causes mold to develop inside of a home?
Fort Mill mold can easily grow in a home with water damage if the damage is not remedied right away. The remediation needs to include removing water-damaged cellulose material, spraying down chemicals and placing commercial dehumidifiers in order to get rid of the moisture problem. If the aforementioned steps are not taken, then mold can very quickly grow inside of the home. Areas with a high concentration of moisture are also a concern because mold can easily grow in them.
The bathroom is the area in the home that is most likely to develop mold. Older bathrooms are often unventilated, and this can also create problems. The moisture inside of the bathroom can leach into the walls because it does not have anywhere to go. Water that is put in the walls and the ceiling by people who live in the home can worsen this problem. The attic and basement are examples of other areas where mold can easily develop.
Basements are typically moist because they are close to the ground and surrounded by damp soil. This is an even bigger problem for finished basement because cellulose materials are often used for insulation. The attic area may also have moisture. The moisture may come from the home itself. Additionally, if the roof has a leak, then Fort Mill mold can grow underneath the roof. What can be done to eliminate or prevent a mold problem?
Reduce Moisture And Eliminate Leaks
One of the keys to eliminating a mold problem is to eliminate the cause of it. This can include things such as placing fans in areas that have moisture, having a leaky roof fixed, having a commercial dehumidifier installed and hiring a water damage company, like SERVPRO. If your home already has a Fort Mill mold problem, then it is imperative that you hire a certified remediation contractor to take care of the problem.
Microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, so removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and they may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Let your nose lead the way. Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher than normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (803) 324-5780
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Rock Hill & York County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Fort Mill community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,650 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: