Fire Damage in Fort Mill - Steps to Take After a Fire
Fort Mill Fire Damage - Steps to Take After a Fire
When the devastating fire that ripped through your home is extinguished, and everyone is safe, you want to focus on measures you can take to minimize damage and reduce expenses for restoration. To do that follow these steps:
1. Clean all clothing to remove smoke or fire odors that could cause damage to the fabrics. Not to mention you can make them smell better. Clothes that are severely soiled from fire damage in Fort Mill should be taken to a professional cleaner.
2. Thoroughly scrub all outside areas of your home with a strong disinfectant. These cleaners can help remove soot and harmful bacteria. Be sure to wear gloves and other safety equipment. Target all areas of your home such as floors, walkways, walls, glass, and screens.
3. Now you can move to the interior of your home. Cleaning inside includes scrubbing and disinfecting walls, cabinets, counters, tables, flooring, tables, chairs, and other areas. Remember to wear the same safety gear for interior projects.
4. Clean all of your fire damaged furniture in Fort Mill thoroughly. You do not want to damage sensitive material with harsh cleaners. Some furniture may need to be discarded if it is too badly damaged.
5. Next, restore fire damaged draperies and tapestries with an odor neutralizer spray. This spray helps combat the soot and fire damage that has penetrated deep into the fabrics. If your fire damage in Fort Mill is too much to handle on your own, consult a professional restoration expert.
6. Deodorize carpets and mattresses if possible. Steam cleaning could be considered as an option. Wash or dust all household items.
7. Finally, do not forget the importance of cleaning the ventilation systems in your home. The HVAC cleaning requires calling a fire damage restoration professional in Fort Mill. Heating/Cooling systems need all vents, ductwork, and filters thoroughly cleaned to ensure soot and smoke particles are not being cycled through the air in your home.
If you suffer fire damage , we respond to your needs day or night. We want to help and serve our community. For more information or an estimate call SERVPRO.
Have Fire Damage? Call Us Today – (803) 324-5780
24-Hour Emergency Fire Restoration Service
Fire emergencies can happen without warning and don’t wait for regular business hours, so we’re ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including holidays. If your Fort Mill home is damaged by fire, we can respond quickly, day or night.